Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

Fat free zucchini bread

So I've decided to disappear from the world of Facebook for the time being until exams are over and tadahh, I suddenly find myself with so much more free time! It's crazy how we can become so addicted to so-called "social networking" websites, whereby we manage to spend so many pointless hours browsing through our newsfeeds and "catching up" with what's going on. I'm certainly not denying the fact that I am guilty of such doings myself, but it is clear that Facebook has become an unhealthy habit for many. Although I did have the temptation of giving in to my Facebook "ban" quite a few times today, I realised that at the end of the day, I managed to fit much more in my day than I usually would! Anyways, as a consequence, voici a new blog update: fat free zucchini (courgette) chocolate bread.

FAT FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD
  • 1 small zucchini (courgette) (about 220 g), grated
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg
  •  100 g honey (alter to your preference)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 190 g flour of your choice (I used whole wheat)
  • 25 g cocoa
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 0.5 tsp baking soda
  • A few dark chocolate chips and chopped nuts: optional
  1. Combine the grated zucchini, mashed banana, egg and honey.
  2. Fold in the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon until you obtain a smooth batter. Quickly fold in the chocolate chips and nuts if using.
  3. Pour the batter into prepared cake moulds, I made 6 muffins and 2 mini loaves.
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius until nicely risen and a toothpick comes out clean, mine took 20 minutes. 
Other recent creations: chocolate and peanut butter frozen yogurt and pumpkin seed & cranberry granola bars. I loveeee my ice cream machine! Ok time to get back to microeconomics :(. Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment