Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Dark chocolate covered protein truffles

So apparently today is national cookie day, perfect excuse to make some brownie cookies for my next PASS session! Also made some healthy Anzac cookies for myself:)!

One of my friends had a lovely cookie Christmas gathering where I was able to give white mulled wine a go for the first time, surprisingly good, spiced with cinnamon and apples, mmm!


These truffles are very similar to my protein bars posted not too long ago, however I do find that these set better when rolled up in little balls, and the slight crunch of the chocolate coating complement these perfectly! Although chocolate could be classes as unhealthy by some, I do believe that a little indulgence is good for the soul! Also, I would preferable use dark chocolate.
DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED PROTEIN TRUFFLES 
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 3 tbsp oats
  • 2 heaped tbsp of protein powder(I used chocolate) or oats or desiccated coconut
  • Melted dark chocolate to coat

1.Process the chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, oats and protein powder (if using), together until nice and smooth.
2. With the paste/ dough, form mini balls and place on a non stick tray. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes until set.
3. Cover the balls in the melted chocolate, place back onto the tray, the chocolate should set immediately as the balls will slightly be frozen. Keep refrigerated until consumed. 

Enjoy! X

No comments :

Post a Comment