Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Dry brushing- bye bye cellulite!

Hola everyone!
It's been ages since my last post, the last few days have been pretty hectic, flying back to Manchester, sorting out Uni related stuff etc! My sister came up to Manchester with her boyfriend for the weekend which was lovely and us three siblings were once again reunited after about 4 years!


Sadly, Not much inspiring cooking has been happening in my little kitchenette, sticking to salads and stir fried dishes whilst the family are visiting- it's soooo nice coming back to Greek yogurt though, the one thing I missed when in Mauritius!

I've always seen a lot written about dry brushing and it's benefits but have only recently properly paid attention to what it actually is. So basically, dry brushing is exactly what it sounds like, you brush your skin with a brush without any water involved. Doing so is supposed to promote good circulation, improve the skins appearance (reducing cellulite- yay!), strengthen the immune system, reduce the appearance of bloating just to name a few. As there isn't much to lose in trying this technique, I decided to give it a go! I've only done so for about 3 days so far but I do have to say that my skin feels so much healthier and my legs feel slightly more toned.

A few points to remember:
1. Use a brush made from natural bristles.
2. Always brush from extremities towards the heart, doing the opposite can put extra pressure on the valves in the veins and lymph vessels which may lead to ruptured vessels.



3. Dry brush in your shower/ bath before you wash yourself, so that you can easily wash off any dead skin afterwards.

With so many associated benefits, what is to lose? Definitely worth a try!
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment