Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Porridge with a protein boost!

This is probably the simplest 'recipe' on here! I've only just started having this for breakfast as I am trying to increase my protein intake recently. Protein keeps you fuller for longer and a high-protein diet is usually recommended for weight loss. At first I did think that adding egg whites to my porridge sounded rather weird, but it doesn't taste 'eggy' at all and adds some protein to an otherwise carbohydrate packed meal! It actually improves the texture, making the porridge creamier, lighter and more fluffy, so its a win win situation!

So basically for about half a cup of cooked porridge, I use one egg white, but you can alter this according to your preferences:). When the porridge is just about cooked, beat in the egg white for a minute or so until it is well combined and cooked through. This isn't a great picture but I was in a rush on my way to university! Serve with fruit, yogurt, seeds, whatever you fancy really!


Here is a sneaky look at some of my Halloween treats for tomorrow, hope you all have a great one!

Xx



No comments :

Post a Comment