Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

Teriyaki style inspired salmon

Just a quick post about yesterday's lunch. Yesterday was my second crossfit class, I woke up this morning with the most ridiculously sore shoulders- obviously to do with the intense 'Fran' workout, crazy amount of thrusters and pull ups. Once crossfit was over I went to play football for a good hour or so which was good fun but the weather left little to be desired at around 10 degrees, winter is sadly on its way. Anyways, after all this I really wanted something filling to munch on and had some salmon marinating in the fridge in readiness.

I wanted something that tasted like teriyaki but without the excessive amount refined sugar, therefore I used some light soya sauce and honey. I served the salmon on a bed of cooked wholewheat vermicelli noodles, tossed with spinach, avocado, peas and chia seeds. So simple but oh so satisfying!

SIMPLE TERIYAKI STYLE SALMON
Per salmon steak
  • 2 tsp light soya sauce
  • 1-2 tsp honey or agave syrup
1. Rub and marinate your steak for a minimum of 2-3 hours in the soya and honey mixture.
2. On medium heat, warm up a frying pan and drizzle with some oil, pan fry the salmon for a couple of minutes each side, turning frequently as the honey can burn really easily. Use a knife to test whether it is cooked through et voila!


No comments :

Post a Comment