Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

TGIF!

After a full week of '8-5's, I can now say that I truly understand the significance of the saying ' Thank god its Friday'!! Even though I'm loving what I'm working on, I think its important to have some balance in what you do and I really can't wait for after-work drinks tonight!

I came across Amazing Paleo's website recently, it is a great website full of healthy yummy recipes! I made some Zucchini/carrot muffins yesterday and they were really moist, light but still decadent, definitely worth a try :)

ZUCCHINI/CARROT MUFFINS
Makes about 7

  • 150 g almond meal
  • 1 egg
  • Half a tbsp of coconut flour (or substitute with whole wheat or oat flour)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted(or olive)
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Cinnamon
  • Half a handful of grated carrot
  • Half a handful of grated zucchini
  • A couple of tsps full of raisins (optional)
  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Mix the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
  3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and slowly incorporate in your egg, honey, oil and vanilla. Fold in your grated veg and raisins (if using).
  4. If the mixture is too thick, add in a drop of milk. Fill up your cupcake cases and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

Also, since starting my internship, I've realised how easy it can be to just give in to fast food! Once you get home in the early evening, you just want to relax and wind down, cooking is the last thing most of us would want to do. However, it isn't impossible, as long as you meal prep, you can easily stay on track with healthy eating. I roasted some chicken mid week which I then used for salads etc.


Anyways, off to work now, 
HAPPY FRIDAY!!
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment