Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

Vietnamese spring rolls

I've made these quite a few times since being home, so so easy, tasty and refreshing:)
There isn't really a proper recipe to this, you can make it as healthy/unhealthy as you like!


All you need is :

  • Veggie sticks - I used carrots, cucumber and beansprouts
  • Any cooked meat/ seafood/ tofu- I recommend marinating  your chosen meat before cooking!
  • Lots of fresh mint and coriander
  • Some chopped up cooked vermicelli noodles
  • Rice paper spring roll wrappers
  • A big pot of lukewarm water 
  1. Make sure you have everything ready and chopped, once done, soak a sheet of rice paper (one at a time), once it softens, place on a clean tablecloth, stuff with your fillings and roll into a roll shape.
  2. Enjoy as is or with any dipping sauce of your choice. I made a quick satay sauce with peanut butter, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and a drop of milk.

I'm writing this as I watch the sunset out my bedroom, I love Mauritius!
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment