Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

"I know how to be patient, and anything is possible."


Just back from a girly morning of stretching class, shopping and sushi lunch :). Started off with a stretching session at the School of movement with Natacha Jarousse. I expected a Yoga/Body Vive style class like the ones I attend at the Aquatics Centre in Manchester, however it surpassed my expectations!
I really do feel so relaxed and at peace! Most of my knots and sore tensed up muscles from weight lifting seem to have disappeared, I'm really quite surprised by how much of a difference a single class can make!
Today's mantra followed something along the lines of "I know how to be patient, and anything can happen", the class focused on the emotional cortex, anxiety and determination and ended with a bit of meditation.

Ok I'll stop blabbing on about it now, but I do think that the class highlighted the importance of not only eating well and exercising to be healthy, but also meditating and positive thinking for mental health and relaxation. Please check out Natacha's website, it has some great nutrition tips and gives details about classes in Labourdonnais Mapou and Moka. Someone at the class mentioned that they had actually been on my blog and were going to try my chilli recipe! :)

Also, I've been making the boys packed lunches for the past week and a staple snack has been my sweet potato hash brown egg muffins.

SWEET POTATO HASH BROWN EGG MUFFINS



  • Peeled and grated sweet potato (1 fist sized potato made about 4 muffins)
  • Onion
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • eggs, preferably NOT large (1 per muffin)
  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 
  2. Drizzle a hot pan with olive oil and fry the chopped onion until soft, add in the grated sweet potato and fry for about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper if you want.
  3. Press down your potato mix into well greased muffin tins, forming a sort of nest ready for your egg. Make sure that there aren't any holes in your nest for the egg to seap through.
  4. Carefully crack an egg into each nest, and bake for 20-25 minutes (20 for a softer yolk).

NAUGHTIER VERSION: Crisp up some finely chopped up bacon and add to the sweet potato mix, or beat up your egg and add bacon to that before you bake the egg muffins.
HEALTHIER VERSION: Just use egg whites in the sweet potato nests.


No comments :

Post a Comment