Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Quick, easy and inexpensive tuna burgers!

Woke up at 5.30 to make my brother his usual healthy breakfast fix, after he headed off to work, I really had no motivation at all to exercise! I kept thinking of things to do to put off my morning workout but then remember coming across this picture a while ago on 'fitterannemarie's Instagram' (boohoo).


Sounds corny but its so true! If you want results, you should be able to at least sacrifice a fraction of your time to work for it!! After an hour of Bob Harper's exercise DVD, I was starving(grr mum!) and wanted something really meaty but quick to make!

What makes these burgers so appealing is that you only really need 2 main ingredients :canned tuna and eggs! And then you can add in whatever you like to spice these babies up, I might try lemon zest and chilli next time to make a tangy burger!

QUICK TUNA BURGERS

  • 1 200 g can of tuna in water or brine, drained (flaked, chunks, steak, whatever really)
  • Half an egg
  • Seasoning: I used salt, pepper, half a dried chilli and some chopped onion.
  1. Break up your drained tuna with a fork, mix in half a beaten egg and your seasonings.
  2. Form burgers with the mix using your hands, pressing them down firmly so that they hold their shape.
  3. Pan fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown.

I had mine with some salad and sliced avocado,yum yum, these are so much tastier and have more textured as opposed to a boring can of tuna!
Enjoy 
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment