Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

Banana breakfast smoothie

This is a very basic recipe! Basically just showing how simple it is to make a really thick and refreshing smoothie, the trick is to use frozen sliced bananas. I always have a bag of banana slices in my freezer for whenever a smoothie is needed or to make instant banana ice cream.You can really play around with this and come up with your own combination of flavours, kiwis, pineapple, coconut water, you name it!

Bananas are full of potassium but also have so many other benefits, Bananas really are such a versatile fruit! I use bananas in most of my recipes as an oil substitute and as a natural sweetener.

BANANA SMOOTHIE
I made a basic strawberry, banana & ginger smoothie for my mum, the ginger adds a kick and makes a really refreshing drink! I also added a few oats just to make this a bit more filling and to add some fibre.  Makes 1 smoothie.
  • 2 sliced bananas, frozen
  • Couple of tbsp of milk
  • 4 heaped tsp of yogurt
  • A small chunk of ginger
  • 2 tsp oats
      • About 4 strawberries
  1. Blend it all together until you obtain an evenly smooth & thick smoothie, enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment