Pages

Thursday 15 August 2013

Beetroot hummus

Morning:)
So it seems like I get slightly 'fixated' on a certain veggie now and then and just make as many things as I can out of it!(awwww just got this picture in my head of me squeezing the life out of this veggie, ok I probably need to get some breakfast before I go a bit hyper!).
Last week was my pumpkin obsession and this morning was the turn of the beautiful beetroot:)



BEETROOT HUMMUS
There's no fixed amounts to this, just taste as you go along and adjust to your liking!
  • 90 g beetroot purée (boil and blend up)
  • 190 g chickpeas, cooked/ canned & drained
  • About 2 tsps tahini ( I was out of tahini so used peanut butter instead)
  • Lemon juice
  • Black pepper
  • Garlic
  • Salt
  • 2 tsp olive oil 
  1. Blend all of the above together to obtain a smooth paste, adjust the amounts of lemon juice and garlic to your own taste.

How gorgeous does this look! Serve with crudités, flatbreads etc...
Coming up soon: chocolate & beetroot gluten free cake and awesome beetroot veggie burgers.
As a side note, I now have beautifully pink fingers-.-, do wear gloves if possible, especially when grating beetroot!

Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment