Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

Spiced pumpkin muffins

Hello!
I haven't been on blogger in what feels like forever! With relatives around, we always seem to be out and about and along with my internship, I found myself with hardly any time to cook! I'm now back on track with my baking mind turned on!

I had a massive piece of pumpkin in the fridge and wanted to make something delicious with it:). Pumpkin is such a cheap and readily available veggie in Mauritius, I think it should definitely be used more regularly, especially in desserts!

Just as a little note: choosing a good wholewheat flour makes a big difference!! I've tried a few that have a horrible aftertaste, so far the best one seems to be made by Bledor.

Also, Yadavi is finally backkk! :D woohoo


SPICED PUMPKIN MUFFINS

  • 175 g pumpkin purée (boil and mash pumpkin cubes)
  • 2 eggs
  • 30 g olive oil
  • Cinnamon & mixed spice 
  • Honey, sweeten to your liking ( I used 45g )
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • Vanilla ( I used essence and pod)
  • 125 g whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Mix together the purée, eggs, olive oil, spices, honey, baking soda, salt and vanilla until you obtain a smooth and consistent batter.
  3. Fold in the flour and baking powder, do not over mix! Spoon the batter into a muffin class and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment