Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Body realignment session

Ahhh I'm so sore and achy everywhere! Feels like I'm going through a sort of detox phase, however my lower back and neck pains that I've been suffering from for quite awhile have all dissapeared.
I had a body realignment session at the School of Movement this morning, the session is based on the Feldenkrais method, which is a somatic educational system which focuses on body movements and functioning. Apart from the physical improvements, I'm baffled at how Natasha (the practitioner), could tell so much about me as a person and my personality by only touching my head, pretty scary stuff!

So basically, after the session, I was told that my muscles and joints are unusually elastic, also known as 'hyperlaxity'. Most people's are made up of about 50% elastic capacity and 50% tonus, however mine are at about 70% elasticity and 30 % tonus, thus explaining why although I was doing a proper full on weight lifting routine 6 days a week I've hardly been seeing any results :(. Boohoo I'm pretty bummed about not being able to weight lift as much anymore, but I guess it does depend on the person's body type and functioning as to what exercises he/she is best suited to.

Due to very low pancreatic enzymes, which help break down fats, proteins and carbohydrates, normal digestion cannot occur which also means that I am deficient in quite a few of the essential nutrients. I have now been prescribed a few natural supplements to take as well as exercises for a 6 week time frame.

Pretty excited to see the results after this 6 week period, but also a bit frustrated at all the time 'wasted' weight lifting etc. Bring on the pilates, yoga, swimming etc!
Anyways, we'll see how it goes:)

Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment