Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

Simple tofu brekkie:)

Had a really lovely day visiting Grand Basin, Chamarel and around the South coast of the island. It was kind of funny, I had planned to have my job phone interview with someone from UK somewhere quiet on the beach but because we were behind schedule, I ended up having it near the waterfalls not far from Grand Basin with loads of tourists rushing around!

 Before we set off I just had time to make a quick brekkie, wasn't really feeling like the usual yogurt/ granola so decided on something a bit more chinese-y! Since my Chinese relatives have been over, I've been having way more Asian food and constantly having mugs full of green tea. I do have to say that it all feels relatively healthy, clean and very satisfying!

I know that a lot of people tend to be put off by tofu, and I don't blame them. Tofu can taste very bland and boring if  it isn't flavoured properly with lovely spices and sauces. This is a really really simple way to cook tofu, but definitely one of my favs.



I simply stir fry the tofu (I used the soft type) with some crushed garlic and about a teaspoon of black bean sauce for a couple of minutes. This is almost like a savoury yogurt-y textured breakfast, yummy in my tummy :D!
Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment